Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another prince that's just another frog...

They hide it well. The past 2 months, I've had no posts because I was skating along in a state of relationship bliss. *Dave (oh yeah, that's a fake name) told me he was falling for me, told me he never felt this way about anyone, the usual "prince" language, right? Flash forward to Valentine's Day and I should've known something was up. A week before he says "I want to take you to this resort for a couple's massage" but then he never followed through and basically forgot about the whole day and never mentioned anything about it again. I wound up getting a card, but only after he knew I was upset. I wound up painting HIS ceiling with him on the day we were supposed to celebrate Valentine's. Boy that makes me feel like a schmuck now. From there, it's been downhill. I knew he was acting "off" this past week and he blamed it on medical issues, but medical issues don't stop you from texting someone or calling them. Ladies - let me tell you the signs of a frog faking princehood:

1. They give you empty promises: "we'll do this or that" and don't follow through. That means he doesn't care enough to actually follow through.
2. He starts acting differently - doesn't text or call like he used to. Trust your instincts. You aren't over-reacting or overanalyzing.

What kills me about the whole freakin' thing is the hypocrite that he is. He tells me that his night with his guy friend is "his night", yet every night I went out with my girls, he texted me the ENTIRE night to the point that my friends were getting mad at me, but the moment I said something the day with his "boys", I'm crowding him. Oh, and he's dated all these old chics in the past who treated him like shit - he was basically their "money bags" and I never EVER let him do anything for me besides take me to dinner (which we both paid for). I wouldn't even let him buy me lightbulbs at Home Depot. Every guy says they want a confident, independent girl and they get it and can't handle it. I don't understand. I couldn't have treated him better - helping him paint, watching his dog while he was out of town, paying for dinners, buying him concert tickets, making him dinner when he was sick, and what do I get - just another full of shit guy.

The dumping part was the worst - he did it on the phone, while I was driving. Classy. I know there is no great way to break up with someone, but man. The worst part is he never talked to me. He never told me I was doing anything that bothered him. Never told me anything was wrong. That's a problem because communication is so important. Oh well, the world is full of frogs and this has taught me just to hold tight to my own self and be true to me and one day, I'll meet the prince. Spotting these frogs is going to get easier and easier.

The funny part? I told him I've written about my bad dates and such and he said "you'll never have to do that with me".

You guessed wrong. Toad.

No comments: