Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am NOT a reporter!

I often talk about "red flags" in dating and this a huge one that bugs the daylights out of me - incomplete profile information or starting off with 'I don't know what to say". WTF?

If you can’t take the time to fill out a complete profile with information about you, then you don’t have time for serious dating. I can’t tell you how many profiles I’ve looked at that say, “I don’t know what to put here” or there are short, 1-2 word answers. This is your time to SHINE. Convince me you are worth dating. Tell me about your hobbies and things that you love to do. Tell me what you’re looking for. Don’t tell me “I’ve never done this and have no idea what to say.” One of the best profiles I saw was specific and said he was looking for a “stay at home” type of woman. I knew that was not me. Another man said he loved women who are witty, spunky and have a smile that lights up the room. That one was a hit for me. Be honest in what you like and don’t like. Don’t put “ask me anything”. It’s not my job to ask you the questions. I’m not a reporter looking for an interview. Your profile is your adversiting section – a resume that I’m going to scan for compatibility . It’s your job to tell me about YOU. It’s not my job to ask the right questions.

Why is it that guys always put this??

On the personal dating front... not a lot happening. Sick of putting the digits out there with no calls. Why ask for my number dude? I'm hoping to see Starbucks dude again when he returns from his business trip... he has potential.

Oh, except one thing *GINA and I are out at the bar last night and I decide to call random dudes in the cell phone (why, oh why?) and I call the idiot that stood me up a few weeks ago. He winds up meeting us at the bar. I wound up realizing that I don't like him. I think I need to leave the cell phone HOME when I go to the bar!

No comments: