Monday, July 13, 2009

Beware of psychotic pork chops!

Ya know ladies, trust your gut. If your gut is unreliable, trust your friends' guts. They all told me this guy was loony.

Mine told me that *Rich, or as we shall call him "Pork Chop", the guy with the weird dog decor, was possessive and perhaps mildly psycho. I hate being right all the freakin' time. The first hint - his incessant text messages BEFORE we met (see a few posts ago). After standing me up last week (I sent 3 messages with no response and said 'oh well'), he decides to contact me and of course I've decided "I'm just not that into him" so I send the nice "you're a nice guy, but I'm not feeling it" email and that I felt brushed off by him the week before, but it's all good, good luck to you.

Here's the lovely, kind-hearted reply I get: Message 1 "That's pretty fucked up to send that sentiment in an email. And for the record.. I didn't brush you off. I didn't call u about dinner because I knew ur friend was coming into town and u probably wanted to prepare... then I never heard anything more from you about possible karaoke or jack shit"

Me: no response (I'm driving in the car) And mind you, what he's saying makes NO sense.. he asked me to dinner. I said yes. He never replied to my 3 texts to set up a time.

Message 2 "That's really fucked up... seems like u were just looking for an excuse to end it and then did it via email... grow up" I would like to point out the irony here that he is TEXTING me this - basically the EXACT same as email!!!!!!

So I respond with "I asked u what time u wanted to do dinner wed. I texted you THREE times tuesday night and received NO response. You stood ME up. I'm just done. I hate drama."

He sends this: "I received no text from u tues nite...probably because..hmm.. let's see.. CELL SEVICE SUCKS IN THE MNTS!! Of course being from a flat state u wuldn't know that. a minute later he sends "doesn't really matter..I don't believe in dating rude yankees and u seem to be exactly that. maybe in detroit but not here honey...bye"

Oh my God.. I just got called a "yankee"... really? I think that's actually REALLY cool!!!!! Go Yankees!

And cell service may suck... but most of the messages go thru...eventually. Funny how ALL of mine get dropped?

I respond with "Whatev.. I already said good luck in my email and don't understand the anger. I don't want anything to do with drama"

Ah, but that's not the end of it... I get another email tonight: "you know.....i shoulda kicked ur ass to the curb the 1st time u were rude to me....but i actually liked you and wanted to work thru it.....ha.....my mistake huh. oh well.....guess you got some free meals out of it......hope that helps with ur financial situation.......peace out biotch! "

Now I'm a rude, Yankee bitch. I can live with that.

Yup, and the meals were good. Maybe you shoulda let me pay when I offered and not expected anything in return... like a GENTLEMAN!

My response: *Pork Chop, I don't appreciate the angry messages and would appreciate if you would stop. This just didn't work out and I believe it's for the best. The bottom line - I liked you A LOT. You blew this, make that very very clear when you didn't respond last week. You have noone to be angry at but yourself or your most unreliable cell service in the state. You can call me a bitch, a yankee, rude whatever makes you feel better. All the names you've called me have only proven that I made the right decision.

So ladies, avoid this situation. Avoid guys with "meat" names like Pork Chop, Tbone, Meatloaf, Rump Roast, whatever... (thanks for the advice Tiff)... I really don't like the other white meat. I find it annoying and kinda crusty.

1 comment:

DeWitney said...

Good for you girl! Stand your ground what a jerk that guy turned out to be! On to the next psycho...er I mean guy!!