Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stalker alert?

Ah, you be the judge... stalker behavior or adorably clueless?

Met *Rich off of match, elevated to the talking on the phone stage and on Monday, we have a nice, comfortable 1 hour conversation and make plans for dinner on Thursday (today).

Tuesday, he texts me and then calls me that night, the only ?? during that conversation is that he says, "if we hit it off on Thursday, what are you doing Sunday?" He's already booking a 2nd date without meeting? SLOW DOWN fella! I tell him we'll meet 1st and see how it goes. He has to hang up the phone, says he'll call me back after he has dinner. Now - here's one of my cardinal rules of internet dating - don't talk TOO much on the phone before the 1st date, for several reasons. 1 - You might not hit it off and you'll be pissed at yourself that you spent that much time on the phone 2 - I really don't like to talk that much on the phone and 3 - I want to leave enough conversation for the 1st date and not feel like it's a struggle for conversation.

Soooo... I white-lied and told Rich that I might be going out with a friend that night, so when he called back an hour later, I didn't answer. An hour later, I texted him:

"Sry I missed ur call. Will talk to you tomorrow."

Response from Rich: "Did you go out with your friend? I'm still up if you want to call"

Me: "Yeah, out & catching up.. talk tomorrow"

Rich: "Okay, have fun. I'll be thinking about cha!"

Hmmmm.. here's where my next "??" popped in my head because why would you be thinking about someone you haven't met? Oh well, innocent, right... ?

So the next day I decide to go to a local park.

10:15 text from Rich: "Good morning. How are you today?"

I'm leaving, out the door so I don't respond. 2:30 that afternoon I come back to my phone. Here are the 2 text messages:

11:15: "Are u alive?"

2:15: "Did I do something wrong?"

Okay, NOW I'm sorta pissed. I'm BUSY and this guy is acting like a jealous boyfriend. He's at WORK mind you while he's sending this. If I had to do it over again I would have said that I was gone all day and just got to my phone, but I responded:

"No, I'm at the park. Didn't have my phone."

"Oh, okay, I thought I put my foot in my mouth or something when you didn't respond."

"No, I'm out and about. I actually do go out when I'm off work." (snark snark, yes)

"Well I'm looking forward to talking to you"

"I might be home latr. I'll call you."

Okay, I didn't call. The main thing was - I needed some space. We have plans for Thursday. I have every intention of keeping them. I don't need to text this guy all day, call him every day, nor do I need him keeping tabs on what I do. I decide I will call him the next day, Wednesday, but....

11:00pm that night: "Have a good nite"

That's the text. Now it's obvious that he's mad I didn't call or something, but dude, CONTAIN yourself. He sounds like... a needy CHIC! I was lying in bed but texted,

"Sorry, fell asleep"

Rich: "Sry to bother u"

me: "Are you being sarcastic??? I can't tell in a text"

Rich: "No, sorry I woke you up. I just hope we talk again before we go out"

me: "I'm sure we will"

End of discussion. So yesterday, I don't text him during the day because I know he's at work and I don't bother people at work, so around 6:30pm I call and leave a voicemail and said I wanted to see if we're still going out Thursday and what time and such. He didn't call back. Oh, he's playing my game now...

So... there are 2 predictions I have: 1 - he won't be calling and got mad at me that I didn't call him sooner or that I didn't call him that night I "fell asleep". Which...stupid! Hello, we aren't going out till Thursday... CHILL! In that situation, I'm totally fine with it, because that means he's clingy/needy/not confident which is NOT something I'm attracted to or 2 - he will respond today and we will go out. Who knows.

My point with all this is - my friends are telling me he sounds kinda jealous/possessive type. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he's just really excited about our date?

I have no clue what to think. Lord, please don't let me get my bunny boiled.

No comments: