Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Could you, like, um... leave?" & a furby update...

Met the furby today for a quick drink at a local pub. It went well, great conversation and a really nice, normal guy but... no sparks. Oh, and he did wear an ugly sweater (can I call it, or can I call it?), but I was able to overlook that and enjoy myself for the 2 hours I was there. Conversation was easy, but I see him more as a "friend" than anything else. The funniest part though (I mean, it's not funny, but it is) is that he tells me he has an artifical hip. And I was already feeling weird about our 10 year age difference!! OMG.. are the men in my dating field starting to get the spare parts already? GEEZZZZZZ! It reminds me of the SATC episode where Sam does her neighbor Lenny who talks about all his aches & pains thru dinner (and an artificial hip). We sort of had a moment like that and I thought "oh. no." But to keep things on the bright side, cuz let's face it, I'm a bit cynical right now - he WAS a completely normal, great guy... who just didn't happen to float my boat. Oh well.. onward..

Now.. to pose an unrelated question to everyone after a conversation with another single friend of mine...

It's regarding the illicit, totally slefish, I-don't-want-you-for-anything-but-sex roll in the hay. Ladies, you have a great time, yeah - that was fun and then... HE WON'T LEAVE! What do you do?

Is it socially appropriate to ask a guy to leave? How do you DO that without being rude? After all, another booty call could be in order and a girl doesn't want to burn bridges. Beyond a cattle prod (which he could believe is a kinky sex toy), what's a girl to do to claim her bed back and roll that snoring log-of-a-man out the door? Just curious because this happened to a friend of mine. I thought I'd see what anyone out there has tried..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had some luck with this approach: When you are, um, through and you are gathering up your own clothes, gather his too and hand them back to him. Sends a subtle message that he needs to be getting dressed but I don't think it is rudely telling him to get the hell out. At least I've never had anyone get offended...and they come back. ;)

Anonymous said...

Girl, Been there done that. And the answer is no. There is no way to do it but to be rude. Here's my favorite (it works every time for me)

"Hey, I don't mean to be rude, but I have a really big test to study for and I need to start doing that"

Responses I've gotten are:
"But you're not in school" (SOO??)
"But its 3am" (your point is???)
"Wow, that's rude" (you know what's rude???YOU NOT LEAVING THAT'S RUDE!)

LOL. good luck girl. But I'm glad you pose the question...now it'll gimme something to talk about on my next non-date ;)

Tiffany said...

Church always works.....very believable here in the Bible Belt!

AichJay said...

well.. it totally depends.. do you want to be able to keep this guy as a booty call and just want him leave cuz he snores and takes up your bed? Then you have to be couth.. send him off with a "I really sleep better alone...I hope you don't mind?" and bat your pretty eyes at him...
if you DON'T care if he ever comes back or if he even hates you... simply look at him and say "Thanks..that was nice. PLease lock the door on your way out. Bye now." offer no more. It really pisses them off, esp when you roll over and go to sleep afterwards.

Regina Falangee said...

I heard about that church approach Tiff.. thanks! I think that one might work! I'll pass all these on! : ) Keep em' comin' tho.