Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Online dating.. the "check"

I'm a chick, therefore I overanalyze.

I talked to the Fugster on the phone and let me say - he sounds VERY nice. Very nice voice, nice conversation, but a few things are bugging me. I can take it if I'm just being overly picky, overly analytical.. but what's with this? On eharmony you can see "Who's Viewed Me" and pretty much EVERY day, the Fugster has viewed me. What's up with that? I think it's weird. Literally, for the past 2 weeks, every day he's viewed my profile. Is he doing what I do - showing his profile to my friends? LOL.. but I only did that once, AND I have enough sense to make my views "Anonymous". I'm getting a little creeped out by this one. My neighbor friend says he looks like a child molester. Is he going to hack me into 52 pieces and keeps clicking on my profile to figure the best way to chop me up?

Oh boy... maybe I'm not being too picky here.

But then the other is the kid issue. I love my friends who have kids. I love kids. I just don't really think I want any of my own. So when a guy says "You'll love doing this with my kids.." that "freaked out" feeling grows within me. I get that kids are an important part of his life and I think that's great - kids come first, but I also think kids come after you've been dating a few months. Yes, I want to know a bit about them, but Fugster mentioned something about some Christmas pageant his kid is in and sort of said something like "you would really enjoy it." Now, again - don't get me wrong. I'm dating someone for a few months and it's pageant time - great. But I don't go on dates to kid's recitals, pageants, etc. I'm getting the "too much too soon" feeling and yikes - it's scaring the bajeezers out of me!!!!!!!

Your opinion: How do you feel about dating someone with kids? When is the right time to meet them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you are already feeling like it's too early... then it's too early. If this guy is talking about his kids so soon.. it's NOT too soon for him and he'll continue to be like this. I wouldn't go on... besides the fact that he might chop you into 52 pieces. He's very forward about his children and that should be your first sign that he want you, not only to date him but also date his children. Unfortunately I don't like this tactic... because the kids get super attached super quickly to new people.. and dating people come and go.... so why allow the kids to get attached to someone in 'dating' mode? I'd wait until it was long-term relationship status.

AichJay said...

honestly? he shouldn't even THINK about introducing you to his kids until AFTER you decide if you'd like to actually BE with him.. otherwise things get REALLY complicated REALLY quick. If he talks about his kids, that's one thing.. most people our ages have kids, been divorced, whatever.. but if your cold footed about getting into it.. don't.