Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1st date back but "eh"

So had my first date back in the scene. Lemme tell you, I MISS having a relationship!!! UGH, but I also know that this is what I have to go through (again) to find that loving relationship I really want. I don't think I was really at my best on the date - meaning, I was hopeful, but I was also kinda "eh" about the whole thing, but felt like I needed to get back out there. Had a great conversation with *Glen on the phone, and he's VERY my type on paper, but I'm not sure if the sparks were there. He's a bit older than I - 11 years, and that might be the problem. We're kinda in different places in life. But ya know, 1st dates are often awkward. I just didn't get that "fun" sense of humor that I think is so crucial. I think the WORST offense of the night though was the cell-phone checking. I get that you have kids and you need to check messages, but then also checking for messages from work, constantly.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Put the phone away. Then he wanted to show me all these apps on his iphone. Snooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzze. He showed me a level, and then some other ones I can't remember because I was sleeping and talking at the same time. LOL.. I had IMMEDIATE red flags because my ex was a phone-o-holic and it used to drive me INSANE. (sigh) The worst part is he kept saying, "I know this is rude but..." Yeah, you're right. It IS rude!!! UGH..

I'm not enjoying dating. I'm hoping I'll meet a guy soon who will change my mind about that!

No comments: