Sunday, May 30, 2010

A lesson on how to do it RIGHT, guys!

Ya know... I was nervous about going out with *Sean since he's from the south & all, but wow - had an INCREDIBLE awesome 1st date! His smile was even better in person.

First things first - he brought me daisies and I LOVE daisies! They are my favorite flower. Simple. Classic. That's me.

Next - he opened doors and was a perfect gentleman. Insisted on paying. Conversation was great and fun... all the elements of a great 1st date. I was smiling the whole time.

It was just nice to have a guy interested in me, wanting to be with me. He told me how pretty I looked and what a great smile I have. I hadn't heard that in a long time, and certainly not much in my last relationship.

What I wasn't used to and what surprised me was that he was very "protective" of me in a nice way. Like walking, he kind of put his hand on my back. It was really sweet. I just wasn't used to it! Isn't that sad? I'm not used to romance!!! So flowers, dinner and then we decided to go listen to live music in this shopping center by me and we sat by a fountain and talked for another hour or so and then decided to see a movie. It was funny because the only thing playing was Shrek at the time we went. I secretly wanted to see it, but didn't want to admit it. And Sean looks at me and says "Okay, I'll see Shrek if you will." I LOVED that.. lol.. it was actually funny because it was all adults and we laughed and enjoyed the movie. So my date wound up being a 5 hour date, complete with a simple, nice kiss goodnight. One thing I realized is that I just want to take things slow and I want to take my time, just have a lot of fun and not rush into any new relationship. I still feel like I'm still closing everything on the last one, so I'm gonna go on the sloooooooooooow roll with dating.

Ladies, I must say, it was NICE, so NICE to feel like and be treated like... a lady. It was nice to sit across from someone who didn't have a cell phone out the whole time! LOL! It was nice to have a great conversation, to feel appreciated and to be paid a few nice compliments that were sincere. : ) I felt like air. Very very very nice first date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you live in the South, right? ;)

Glad you enjoyed your date!