Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sage advice from someone married 46 years..

Namely my mom, who is visiting this week.

No one wants to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Girls don't chase boys. Boys chase them.

But there's something I have to tell you about mom. She has little dating experience, and that's true of most couples I know who have been married 30, 40, 50 years. They all married their high school or college sweethearts. My mom met my dad at 15. They married when she was 21, and that was SCANDALOUS because my mom "waited". My dad wanted to get married at 18.

My only beef is with the free milk adage. Here's the problem. Withholding the milk only withholds the milk for you too (ewww, that really went in a bad direction), but you get my drift. The other problem, and I will thank Eddie Murphy for this logic, is that when the guy finally gets the milk he's sooooo excited and can't get enough of the milk.... YEAH!! But then after a while, he's like hmmm... I just have regular milk. In fact, many men will start to think the milk is spoiled or crave other flavors of milk... I mean, why not soy milk? Get my point?

So you tell me, is the adage true? I think you have to properly withhold the milk for a while, but then ya know... make a milk shake. When milkshakes get old, make cheese (ewww..), okay, you get what I mean. Feel free to chime in. Cows/milk/free? I also believe in the adage "don't buy the car without taking it for a testdrive."

3 comments:

julie said...

The first guy I dated and slept with was really selfish in bed and I can't imagine if I wouldn't have known that before marrying him. I agree with you...test driving is a good thing. That said, I also think it's a good thing to wait until you care about the guy and have a fairly good idea that he cares about you. It makes the experience better, in my opinion. :)

DeWitney M. said...

Uh, I definatly don't hold to the withholding the milk theory...in fact if I'm dating a guy and he is witholding the "milk" I probably wouldn't hang around too long...I say only give the milk to thoes who you feel deserve it, and if he likes it he will keep drinking it...and eventually decide it's cheaper to just buy the cow, because we all know once you get that ring and say thoes vows they totally quit buying you stuff...but I really hate compairing chicks to cows...but you know what I mean...

Regina Falangee said...

LOL.. I get what you mean ladies! And I should know better than to compare ladies to cows. Totally by bad : )