Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things to do when dating turns sucky

So dating has been a literal DESERT of possibilities, er... non possibilities, so I'm going to focus on all the things I can do to occupy my time now that I'm out of school (yeah, summer!). Everyone envisions that teachers spend their summers on white sand beaches covered in luscious Banana Boat tanning oil, miles & miles from the nearest teenager. Yeah, that's what we WISH we could be doing. In reality I have no money and have to attend training sessions all summer for school, topped with moving in a few weeks. Oh what fun. So with dating being frankly non-existent, I could really use some suggestions on how to keep busy. Of course, a job would make sense, but with said training & moving, it's difficult to secure employment with the caveat, "ah but I can't work these days, these days or these days". Employers LOVE that.

First on my list - my love affair with dairy creamer is on my mind every morning. It's been going on for years, and while in my life I have cut out a lot of "bad" stuff like high fructose corn syrup, this is the one thing in my life that is soooo Brokeback. I just can't quit you Chocolate Chip Creme Brulee creamer!!!

So after my love affair each morning, it might be time to work on my tan. Okay, I only allow about 20 minutes of REAL sun followed by a slathering of SPF. I'm 35 and still look totally 29. I don't want to ruin that (I might also be delusional about that, but oh well, my friends totally agree).

There's also time at the gym, which I refer to as, "Minute by minute agony in which I want to stab little girl running class with pointy objects." Seriously, every time we do those tricep lifts where you heft your entire body off the bench with just your muscles? Let me lift YOUR 102 lbs... no problem. The instructors always seems to focus on me saying, "You can do it!!" in this annoying cheerleader-sorority-ra-ra voice that makes me want to stab more objects in her head. I could do it with a fork lift sweety. Pass me a donut.

Other ways to pass my time besides reading my chick-lit books, mixed with a few popular bestsellers and classics (thus my "well-rounded" literary canon), I'm at a loss. I could accept dates with homeless, vagrant ex-cons (and parolees) just to entertain you folks, but something tells me that's not a good idea. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: