Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thanks Kesha for the inspiration...

Yes, ladies, my love life can be summed up as blah, blah, blah (thanks Kesha)... still, I have to admit, things have been weird lately. I haven't felt like dating. (GASP) I know. Been in a wee bit of a funk, sorta down. So I took myself off the match.com market for about a week. Now I'm back on. Why? What magically gave me an epiphany and made me see the light? What force gave me the power to see a happy future, to envision a world where all that is dating is well and good? What powerful entity made me believe in myself and gave me the foresight of a better future and a wonderful tomorrow?


My hair bangin' stylist Stephanie (holla' girl.. just holla!).


She blondified me. I mean, I'm freakin' blonde-beyond-belief. I love it. It's given me a new identity, a new way to look at myself. At first I was thinking, "Whoa! Holly Madison!" (shut up, the hair not the body bitches), but then I realized that why not? Why not step outside of the box and live LIKE Holly, ya know, without the fake boobs, size 2 and Hugh Heffner-like sugar daddy (although with my financial situation, that does seem appealing). I mean, just be sassy and flirty and everything a blonde SHOULD be, mixed in with my awesome personality, ladies I can TOTALLY pull this off. And if I can't? If life over the next 6 weeks doesn't live up to expectation, well guess what? Color can be reversed!


I encourage more women to step outside of the "hair color" box. I know so many people who say "I'd love to be a blonde!" (insert red-head, brunette, pink highlights, whatever) but they never do it. It's amazing what a little trip to a bangin' hair stylist will do for the ego. Right now, I'm gonna honor the true blondes and use THEIR confidence, because that's what's been damaged by my last relationship. So here's to Marilyn and Holly and Gwenyth (Stefani and Paltrow!), Reese (and can I just PRAY to get a Gyllenhaall...yeah right), Cherize, and Carrie (Underwood). Those ladies rock the blonde and I will too!

As a blonde, I vow NOT to make mistakes of some other blondes. I will NOT:
  • Show my goodies while getting in/out of a car (no Brittany, you can't blame your bodyguard)
  • Flip off the Yankees (unless they are playing the Tigers... thanks Gaga)
  • Pretend I don't know what Walmart is (yeah Paris)
  • Do anything Heidi Pratt does

Next up in the project Me tales, try a new class...cardio Funk. Can I be funky? I mean, the type that doesn't require not showering, cuz that's a funky I can't get on board with. Can I bring the Detroit funk to a Charlotte gym? Let's hope. I mean, without the gang affiliations and tricked out hooptie.

No comments: