Sunday, June 6, 2010

In a state of stupidity!

That's all I can surmise.

I went on a 2nd date with Sean* this weekend, and had a GREAT time. We went to an awesome wine festival up in the mountains. It was super duper hot, and drinking the wine... oh that hit me kinda quick, but it was a GREAT fun date : ) Then went to a park with a river afterwards and kinda walked in the water. It was fun! The problem I'm having is that I'm having all these confused feelings. I like Sean, he's sweet and in many ways totally different from my ex - he pays much closer attention to me, not obsessed with phone and ex-wife,etc. He's considerate, opens doors and such, but he's more of a "girl's guy", than a "guy's guy" and I've always gone for the "guy's guy". But then again... I'm still single. Maybe I SHOULD be looking for a different kind of guy. I sense this guy has a really good heart.

The only shallow thing I have to say (and yes, I recognize my shallowness) is.. He wore jean shorts. I will overlook this, but allow me to say, I HATE HATE HATE jean shorts on guys. And white tennis shoes. I hate any jeans with white tennis shoes. It's a personal pet peeve that I will overlook. I promise. And he wore a camouflage army-type drawstring hat at the wine festival. (sigh)...

The things that kind made me wonder are things like him blowing me kisses on the phone and when I walked away to go to the restroom. It was a little tooooo mushy for me. I'm just not that kind a' girl. He was blowing kisses on the phone this past week after our 1st date. I thought it was too much and then when he did it in person it was too much again. There were a few things he said and I was wondering "is he holding back the hick?" (See previous posts with my hick encounters)

So it's still a question mark with this guy. I think the problem is, I'm so new out of my last relationship that I'm questioning and over analyzing everything. He is kind. He is sweet. He's a good guy. I need to focus on that. Take it slow, having fun, getting to know him and just take it from there. : )

It just sucks that I am having a tough time reading this one. I'm usually always "yes" or "no" and with this guy, it's like a great big "I don't know". My friends & family think 1 - I'm still getting over my last relationship and 2 - I'm still a little scared to enter a new relationship.

I don't doubt it. So I think the slow roll.. is the way to go! : )

No comments: